Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello Friends!
Time for another update on George....
He has opted to stop the chemo after nearly a full year of taking it.  His body was reaching its limit of tolerance, he was feeling worse and worse on it, and so he finally made the decision that he couldn't take it anymore.
Thankfully, the doctor concurred and felt it had reached its maximum effectiveness, so there was no "duking it out" to get him off. haha!  He felt such a relief to not have to take it anymore.
It's a little scary- the next step... but there are other options available for him, and research continues, so we stay hopeful.
He has revved up his nutritional/supplemental approach and is trying to rebuild his body and immune system. Overall he is feeling better- some struggles that are keeping him from being as productive as he'd like, but we are working to get him feeling better on those matters soon.
We spent a few days at a lakehouse with his oldest daughter and her family, and had a fun, relaxing, much needed time of play.
Cancer's a drag- but every now and then you can kick it aside..... and just laugh!


Laughter and Play are great for the soul!! :-D
Keep playing, friends! and laughing! in spite of it all.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh...I found your blog again...do you still have my email? I lost all in another computer. Your attitude is amazing and have wondered about you and George often. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill!! NO- I lost all my emails on an old computer too!! isn't that crazy?? they really need to make that transition easier... haha!
    I'm so glad you found us again!!!
    Look for me on facebook- gina williamson- and I will private message you my email...
    How is your hubby?? and son??

    ReplyDelete